Mail washer free and Gmail

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
sportflyer
Rattled Rabbit

Mail washer free and Gmail

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 am

I am using outlook 2007 as my email client. About 10 days ago I started having problem with gmail . I am unable to receive messages sent from any gmail account. I can receive email from everyone else ie yahoo and other email from all over the world. Just not from Gmail. If I exit Mail Washer , Outlook can receive gmail messages. I checked all my Xfinity mail settings in mail washer and they are correct .Not sure what to do next.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Mail washer free and Gmail

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 am

The only way that MailWasher could have this effect is if you have set it to autodelete these emails. Check the recycle bin and see if they are there.

If they are, then you will need to find where you have set up the autodelete action, e.g. in a filter, and delete it.

If the missing emails aren't in the recycle bin then you're probably just not receiving any emails from Gmail accounts when you think this problem exists. Have you specifically tested this by sending yourself an email from a Gmail account?
Windows 10
sportflyer
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Mail washer free and Gmail

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:06 am

Yes. I personally sent emails to myself from Gmail to my comcast email address . I asked my wife to do the same from her laptop using her gmail account. In both cases the email did not show up in mailwasher. I then repeated after exiting Mailwasher and the emails from gmail is accepted in Outlook. What could have gone wrong? Shall I do a complete Mailwasher uninstall and reinstall ?

I think I solved the problem. After inspecting the blacklist carefully, I noticed that somehow *.gmail.com got into the Blacklist . I believe I may have accidentally clicked on add domain to blacklist instead of add sender to blacklist. In any case after deleting the entry everything is back to normal .

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”