Emails deleting from Thunderbird

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
GabrielDesign
Mystified Moa

Emails deleting from Thunderbird

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 pm

I have been using Mailwasher Free for many years with no problems. Having just upgraded my hardware I have newly installed the latest MailWasher Free and the latest Thunderbird. I am now having quite a serious problem. Having washed the incoming e-mails I open Thunderbird and, yay, there they all are. If I then delete the e-mail on Mailwasher (as I was able to do before) it also deletes from Thunderbird which it shouldn't do. I have read and reread the settings and can't figure out how to stop this useless function off. Some help please? How can I delete e-mails from Mailwasher without deleting them from my Thunderbird inbox? Thank you :)
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Emails deleting from Thunderbird

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 am

Are you using IMAP to access your account?
Windows 10
GabrielDesign
Mystified Moa

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 pm

That's weird, it appears that it is. Never had this problem with previous installs of Thunderbird though and always set it up as a POP3. What has changed with the later Thunderbirds and how do I fix it. I'm also getting Quota full errors when the quota is nothing like full too. Any ideas?
GabrielDesign
Mystified Moa

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 pm

How can I change it back from an IMAP to a POP3, there doesn't appear to be a way to edit that section...
GabrielDesign
Mystified Moa

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:06 pm

In fact, the more I use the latest free version of Thunderbird the more weird errors keep appearing. None of which were on my previous version which I used daily for years and years. Not keeping copies of sent e-mails for example. Its all a bit of a mess really; deleting e-mails, keeping them on the server, not saving sent ones, resetting my POP3 as an IMAP. Perhaps you could recommend an alternative?
GabrielDesign
Mystified Moa

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:13 pm

OK, so now all the emails I have already downloaded on to Thunderbird have been deleted and I have lost the lot, quite frankly this new update is useless and has cost me money. I know it was the free version but the previous version has worked excellently for years but this one has cost me hundreds in four days. I shall no longer be recommending it to my clients. So angry right now!
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:26 am

If your email has a webmail option, log on there and see if the emails you have lost are in the Trash folder. If they are, you should be able to recover them.
GabrielDesign wrote:How can I change it back from an IMAP to a POP3, there doesn't appear to be a way to edit that section...
I'm assuming that you're talking about Thunderbird. The easiest way to do this is to set up the account again, taking care to make sure that it is set up as POP3 not IMAP. If you need help with this, check out https://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging
Windows 10
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 pm

GabrielDesign wrote:If I then delete the e-mail on Mailwasher (as I was able to do before) it also deletes from Thunderbird which it shouldn't do.
MWP can delete mails only from your server - it does not possess the capability to delete mails directly from the Inbox of Thunderbird (or any e-mail client - for that matter.) :scratch
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

GabrielDesign wrote:That's weird, it appears that it is. Never had this problem with previous installs of Thunderbird though and always set it up as a POP3. What has changed with the later Thunderbirds and how do I fix it. I'm also getting Quota full errors when the quota is nothing like full too. Any ideas?
GabrielDesign wrote:Perhaps you could recommend an alternative?
Unless you fix your Thunderbird protocol issue — any other alternative is doomed to meet with the same consequence. :(
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”