Benign and BigPond move to OUTLOOK.COM

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
mcullet
Travelling Tuatara

Benign and BigPond move to OUTLOOK.COM

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi folks,

Merry Christmas and a wonderful, prosperous year for Firetrust et al :D

BigPond (Ozzie ISP) are moving clients to OUTLOOK.COM (pop 3). So far, despite being able to see my emails in MWP 6.x (I purchased a couple of years of the latest version but prefer this small footprint program), and modifying my OUTLOOK 2007 Ultimate account settings, I'm unable to get B9 to clean incoming emails before they land in OUTLOOK.PST. According to BigPond "help" the company is phasing in the move to OUTLOOK.COM. If I can't get B9 (one of my most favourite products) to work then its likely that Australia's largest ISP (millions of clients) will kill B9 here.

Because of a deteriorating spinal disability, I accidentally clicked a link that transferred my existing Bigpond emails to outlook.com. Apparently this can't be undone. In any case, it seems this migration would happen eventually.

Before this dull mistake I have been happily (and gratefully) using B9 for many years on various windoze OS including WIN 7 PRO 64 (current).

I let B9 make its changes to my Outlook 2007 (mail client) account and updated the ports according to Bigpond's config advice. The mail servers are POP3.LIVE.COM and SMTP.LIVE.COM. As I mentioned, I can see my emails from MWP.

My account (after B9's processing) is my-email.pop3.live.com.b9 but I'm unable to get my emails off the server.

I modified the HOST file (as ADMIN) so it reads as follows:
# Begin B9
127.98.9.1 pop3.live.com.b9
127.98.9.2 127.98.9.2 pop3.my2ndisp.com.b9
127.98.9.3 # End B9

# Begin B9
# End B9
If I remove the trailing B9 from my pop3 address then I can send/receive test emails from my email account.

Soooo...

Is there any work-around that might sort out my self caused problem or do I need to stop using B9? I truly want to keep using B9 - it's well worth it.

Any and all help gratefully received.

Kindest regards
Mike (Australia)
Mike
Not employed by FireTrust - just a happy long time user.
WIN 7 Pro - 64 bit (updated completely)
I7-2000K @ 3.9 Ghz - Geforce GTS 560 Ti SLI, 8 gig RAM

PS - Pls excuse cross posting from B9 board.
Mike
Not employed by FireTrust - just a happy long time user.
WIN 7 Pro - 64 bit (updated to max)
i7-2000K @ 3.9 Ghz - Geforce GTX 560 Ti SLI, 8 gig RAM
MOBO - GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev 1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”