Authentication failed

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Tipiford
Rattled Rabbit

Authentication failed

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 am

I am getting an "The authentication failed for account user (pop-server.carolina.rr.com): Bad username or password." I know this is the correct data as I have it in my email client without recourse. Any ideas here?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Authentication failed

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:56 pm

We can try creating a debug file, send that through to me at forum@firetrust.com once ready.

In MWP click on Help then About >> Tick "Enable extended error logging to data directory" box in the help screen >> restart MailWasher

Do whatever is required to create the error again >> restart MailWasher >> click on Help then About >> open the bottom link found there to where MailWasher stores the Data Files >> There will be a file called MailWasherPro_debug.txt.

Send me that and hopefully it tells us why you're getting this error.

Cheers
rd
waitakikate
It begins with a single step

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm

This is also happening intermittently with my Mailwasher Free version. I have in my advanced account option - 110 as the server port number for my pop3.xnet.co.nz account. We have VOIP with Xnet. Would this make any difference at all. It's just annoying. Have deleted and re-entered password a couple of times. Brand new MP-264 router. Thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Yup sure, just send me the logs the same as above. The VOIP won't make a difference, I suspect MailWasher is getting a temporary error of some kind and interpreting that as a bad password, but logs will confirm that.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 pm

waitakikate wrote:I have in my advanced account option - 110 as the server port number for my pop3.xnet.co.nz account.
This is where your server configuration is probably going wrong:--
  • .xnet.co.nz.png
    .xnet.co.nz.png (161.83 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”