Reinstalling

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
me2468
Rattled Rabbit

Reinstalling

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 am

Due to a hard disk problem on my desktop I need to reinstall my email accounts from the backup on my laptop.

I have copied and pasted the "Training, blacklist, etc" folders/files as detailed by mwp but my accounts do not appear when restarting mwp.

On the help page it mentions Help>>User files, but there is no User files under Help only Help Program, Tell a Friend, FAQ, Forums, About.
Also there is no "User Files" in the MWP folder.

I have deleted, installed and reinstalled mwp several times and put in my register key, but nothing works. Suggestions please.
Running XP and mwp 6.3.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Reinstalling

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:04 am

me2468 wrote:I have copied and pasted the "Training, blacklist, etc" folders/files as detailed by mwp but my accounts do not appear when restarting mwp.
I reckon your account details reside in the registry at the following location (with the password in encrypted state):--
  • [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro\Prefs\accounts]
me2468 wrote:On the help page it mentions Help>>User files, but there is no User files under Help only Help Program, Tell a Friend, FAQ, Forums, About.
Also there is no "User Files" in the MWP folder.
That instruction-set applies to the newer iteration of MWP - which is currently at 7.3.0.

me2468 wrote:Suggestions please.
Running XP and mwp 6.3.
I'd seriously use the free upgrade to the latest 6.5.4 of the older iteration that you're running. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
me2468
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 am

Thanks Trustfire. Imported the registry and upgraded and now I can see all my email accounts. Have a beer on me. :)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 am

Thank you for reporting back, me2468 - cheers!!! :cheers
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
tbenton
Student Sheep

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:57 am

I have and loved the Free Version of MW for years and it does all I need. I had the PRO paid version for a while but didn't need the bells and whistles. I just installed WIN 7 and when I downloaded 'free' MW it says MW PRO. It works fine but I keep getting a pop up that tells me my subscription ended Aug 2011 which is obviously when I went back to the free version. Is there a way to stop that pop up window from displaying every time I start MW? I can't use MW until I close the window. OR is there a legit place to download a free version like I had before?

Thanks
Terri
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 am

tbenton wrote:. . . . . . . is there a legit place to download a free version like I had before?

Thanks
Terri
I presume you're referring to the V7 - this forum belongs to the V6 which is a completely different iteration. Please go through the following thread without missing a single post:--
tbenton
Student Sheep

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:13 am

I forgot to paste my copies of blacklist when I recently went from XP to Win7 and had to do zap the hard drive. My current blacklist only has one entry and when I go to the MW data directory I see it there. Today I pasted the files saved before the WIn 7 upgrade into the MW files and they show in the directory but the blacklist is still only showing the one entry. How do I get all my blacklist items back into MW? Using Win 7 and MW 6.5.4.

Fyi my data directory is called C:Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MWPRO. I don't recall seeing the 'roaming' before.

Below are the methods I used to get the blacklist back in MW

Thanks,
Terri
-----

Can I import an existing Blacklist?

Yes, if the existing Blacklist is a plain text file of email addresses.

Copy and paste your Blacklist entries to the Blacklist file (Blacklist.txt), located in the application data directory which can be located by selecting About in the Help menu and selecting the link.

MailWasher Pro must be closed before opening this file and remain closed until you have entered and saved your changes. The format of the file must be specific to one email address per line, with no extra characters like commas etc. The Blacklist is contained under the heading [Blacklisted emails]. The Friends List is also contained in this file under the heading [Whitelisted emails].
=======

How do I transfer my MailWasher Pro files from one PC to another?

In MailWasher Pro click Help > About > then click on the link below "Enable extended ...".
Doing so will open an explorer window in the MailWasher data files directory.
Close MailWasher Pro.
Copy the following files and folder : "blacklist.txt", "filters.txt", and the "training" folder out of the directory opened in the first step and paste into your target machine under: MailWasher Pro > Help > About > then click the link below "Enable extended....
MailWasher Pro should not be running on the target machine when you copy across.
Note: Your email accounts will need to reimported on the new PC and note that the blacklist.txt includes BOTH the Friends list AND the Blacklist.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”