Spam Data Base offline?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
joec0715
Rattled Rabbit

Spam Data Base offline?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:29 am

For a while now I've been receiving an error message with my MailWasher Pro version 6.5.4. When it loads new mail and checks for spam it shows a FirstAlert error saying "Invalid Response. Spam Data Base may be offline". This has happened a number of time over the past few weeks, but not every time. Does anyone have any thoughts? Also, the yearly fee to keep the spam data base updated in $29.95. Does it make sense to upgrade to MWP 7 and receive free updates?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Spam Data Base offline?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 am

joec0715 wrote:For a while now I've been receiving an error message with my MailWasher Pro version 6.5.4. When it loads new mail and checks for spam it shows a FirstAlert error saying "Invalid Response. Spam Data Base may be offline". This has happened a number of time over the past few weeks, but not every time. Does anyone have any thoughts? Also, the yearly fee to keep the spam data base updated in $29.95.
It makes little sense to keep the FirstAlert service enabled - in recent times, it has lost it's relevance. :(

joec0715 wrote:Does it make sense to upgrade to MWP 7 and receive free updates?
Oh yes, it certainly brought a great deal of finer granularity and accuracy to my anti-SPAM management - one can always test drive the V7 before purchasing it. :thumbsup

Most of the MWP Users and Beta Testers have migrated to the V7 iteration, long ago - the aging V6 is no longer in active development.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
joec0715
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Spam Data Base offline?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks Trustfire. I only wish I had known about version 7 before I renewed my subscription for 6.5.4 last month. Since the cost would have been the same you'd think that Firetrust would have mentioned the option rather than simply sending me a renewal notice.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”