Message "Date exceeds maximum of [today date]"

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
SuperSandro
Rattled Rabbit

Message "Date exceeds maximum of [today date]"

Mon May 26, 2014 5:49 pm

1) My PC is a Win XP SP3.
Some weeks ago, the PC's backup battery was exhausted and the casual-date was over 2034(!). I didn't realize the error but now, every time I turn on the PC, I set-up the correct date / time and then I work normally (I have no time to go to buy new back-up battery...).

2) MW works normally, but if I try to recycle bin, MW (6.51 version) shows the window "Date exceed maximum of [today date]" where [today date] is (every day) the correct date of the current day.

I think the error was caused by setting 2034 year and MW thinks that today is too far back in time.

I know I could solve the problem re-installing MW, but I have 18(!) e-mail accounts and I don't want re-setting all data-settings!

How can I solve the problem?
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Message "Date exceeds maximum of [today date]"

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:06 am

Yes, IF this even happens for newly deleted emails, I'd first backup your settings as described below, (good to do this regardless) then try deleting your trash file as this may be corrupted and causing this problem.

To do this:

- Open the MailWasher data directory folder: In MailWasher Pro click, Help>>About>> click the link below the, "Enable extended error logging to Data directory"
- Leave the folder open, (you can minimise it if you like)
- Now close MailWasher Pro, (click File>>Exit to close the program).
- Delete the "Trash.rot135" file in the Mailwasher Pro Application Data folder,
- Close the folder and open MailWasher Pro.

When MailWasher starts and finds the Trash.rot135 file is missing, it will rebuild this file again. This may take some time, so wait a while before getting MailWasher to Process or Check Mail.

=== Backup Directions ===

-----Mailwasher Pro learning, blacklist and friends list files-----

The files that you will need to copy over can be found under, Mailwasher Pro, click, Help>>About, click the, Extended logging link, or they can usually be found under, C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\MailWasherPro, for WinXP. Copy all the files in this directory to another location.

When you wish to copy these files to your new computer, open Mailwasher Pro and click, Help>>About>>click the "extended error logging directory" link.

Leave the folder open and close Mailwasher Pro, (very important, or your changes will not be saved) and delete all files in this folder.
Then paste in your new files.

-----Registry settings, inc email accounts-----

========================================================
Please remember the Registry controls almost everything in your computer so be very careful what you delete.
Always backup your Registry, do a Restore point in Win XP before you edit the Registry.
To backup registry go to "Start", "Run", type in regedit and in Windows 95/98/Me click Registry, and then
click Export Registry File and in Windows XP click File and then click Export.
Name your registry backup file and save to your backup destination folder.
========================================================

If you want to save all your settings, you could export the Mailwasher Pro registry key to a file and save that to disc too.
Click Start>>Run>> type, regedit, When the Registry editor opens, go the key, "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro"
Click, Export, Current Branch, and save this to disc.
To re-enter this into your new computer, just double click on it.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”