Version 5.2 - filtering

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
jgilb
Rattled Rabbit

Version 5.2 - filtering

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:36 am

I've had version 5.2 in my computer for almost 10 years but never used it. My first experiences with this software were very disappointing. So much that I stopped using it completely. Most recently I've downloaded the demo version of the last version 7 to give it another try hoping that it would have been notably improved. But to my great regret I'm still encountering the same identical problems as I did ten years ago. For instance can anyone tell me why when I wash the mail I find most of my friendly emails in the delete folder of my Outlook Express. BTW I'm still on Windows XP.
JG
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Version 5.2 - filtering

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:45 pm

jgilb wrote:For instance can anyone tell me why when I wash the mail I find most of my friendly emails in the delete folder of my Outlook Express.
When you wash mails on your MWP you are deleting all mails which are marked for delete — regardless of whether those mails are spam or not.

However, MWP does not directly delete any mails from Outlook Express (or any other e-mail client — for that matter.) Outlook Express (or any other e-mail client) functions independent of MWP — BTW, is your Outlook Express using IMAP?

You might want to check out the basics:—
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”