Mailwasher 6.5.4 on Windows 10

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
ChickNew
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher 6.5.4 on Windows 10

Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 am

Hi have Mailwasher 6.5.4 on a Windows 7 computer. I am thinking about upgrading to Windows 10, but I need to know whether my version of Mailwasher will work properly on that platform. Any help...or user experience with this version of Mailwasher on a Windows 10 computer would be appreciated.

Chick
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher 6.5.4 on Windows 10

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi Chick

I have MW 6 running all fine on my Win10 machine. There's no conflicts I'm aware of either, so as long as your upgrade process goes smooth you should be good to go.

Thanks
ChickNew
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 am

Thank you. That's good news.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 am

Struve wrote:It's strange but after just upgrading to Windows 10 Mail Washer seems to send all of my mail straight to outlook even though I have automatic updates turned off. I want to check the mail in mail washer first before it gets sent to Outlook.
How is the account set up in Outlook, IMAP or POP3?
Windows 10
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

Yes, this usually means that either (1) you have Outlook set to send/receive automatically for your email account, or (2) you have it setup as IMAP rather than POP3 type.

-----------
Note that only Outlook can cause mail to be downloaded, MWPro cannot effect how your email program works, and it does not move or transfer your emails anywhere, it just shows you whats on your ISP's mail server then you open (or MW opens) your chosen email client for it to send/receive from the same mail server like normal....
------------

1.) It sounds like you have Outlook set to check for new mail every XX mins, or you are clicking Send/Receive to send your email there and this downloads all email on the mail server whether it is spam or not.

To change this, open Outlook 2007/2010, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + S and uncheck the option ‘Schedule an automatic send/receive every XX mins’. Click on Close to apply the settings and then restart Outlook.

2.) You may have this account setup in Outlook as a IMAP account, this means that Outlook auto downloads any email without any input from you.

Unless you need mail left on the server, (for example for other email clients/devices to pick up) I recommend that you setup the account as a POP3 type in Outlook, this way, the only way it can send/receive is if you actually click the button to do this,

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”