'New' email accounts being automatically created since upgr

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
occam
Student Sheep

'New' email accounts being automatically created since upgr

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:21 am

I have been using Mailwasher Pro 6.5.4 linked to a Thunderbird email client since ... Win XP. Worked like a charm.

Until I upgraded my OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10.

Now, on startup, MW 'hangs' while checking my 7-odd email accounts.

When I checked the list of emails, I see some duplicate entries. For example my <name>@Yahoo.com account appears twice. When I delete one, it comes back (automatically created by the Wizard?). Same with my <name>@hotmail.com account.

Q1- Is there a way I can stop the Wizard from automatically creating these dulplicate accounts?
Q2- Has anyone else seen this problem on Win 10? This behaviour has come after 'upgrading' to Win 10.

I have tried to re-install Mailwasher, but did not help. Same issues recur. I have to resort to killing off MW with the task manager and manually start it again every day. It works fine until next boot up.

Any pointers or things to try?

Thanks

Any pointers?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: 'New' email accounts being automatically created since u

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Most likely something has gone wrong in the upgrade to Windows 10.

If you really must have MailWasher start with windows then your best bet is probably going to be to delete all the accounts and set them up again. See http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 883#p21446 for how to delete all the accounts.

If you can live with starting MailWasher manually, that sounds like the easiest solution.
Windows 10
occam
Student Sheep

Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:35 am

ataraxy wrote: If you really must have MailWasher start with windows then your best bet is probably going to be to delete all the accounts and set them up again. See http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 883#p21446 for how to delete all the accounts.
Thanks for the pointer to the other thread. The solution there worked well. I have a funny suspicion it must've been the anti-virus stopping accounts from being deleted. Time for a reeboot.

P.S. someone should donate some vowels to the Polish poster above. He is in severe danger of overdosing on consonants.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 pm

occam wrote:P.S. someone should donate some vowels to the Polish poster above. He is in severe danger of overdosing on consonants.
lol, up, sorry bout that....we still get a bit of spam slide through each day.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”