MW for Linux SSL connections

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Doves
Rattled Rabbit

MW for Linux SSL connections

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 am

After extensive searching and no answer, can someone help me? I am a Linux user and unfortunately unable to use updated versions of MW. However, I have been using an old Linux version since 2009, and it does the job. 3 days ago, my Hotmail and Yahoo accounts have stopped working in MW. Error message: Cannot establish SSL connection. No settings have been changed, so it is all correct, as of 3 days ago. Pop is enabled. What has changed? I will be very sad if I can't use MW. The accounts that don't have SSL ticked still work. Any insight? Thanks a lot.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW for Linux SSL connections

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm

At a quick guess, the SSL version in that build of MailWasher is too old, SSLv3 has some security problems and it's possible it's being blocked now.

I don't have a Linux OS available right now, I'll ask around and see if the problem accessing accounts with those providers is happening to others.
Is running MW 6 under Wine an option ?

Cheers
Doves
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Thank you so much for your answer. I never had success trying MW with wine. I suppose I could try it again and see what happens. MW simply makes emailing so much easier to manage. But of course, you know that! Thanks again.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:06 pm

I may be wrong, but I have a gut feeling MW 6.5.4 may have some difficulties in Wine.
If need be, download link for MW 5 http://s3.amazonaws.com/Firetrust/mailwasher_pro53.exe
Doves
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:41 am

Will give it a try. Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”