Transferring email accounts to new box

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
TopThumb
Student Sheep

Transferring email accounts to new box

Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

I bought a new computer and have transferred all files from the program folder and user data folder but it's still missing all my email accounts. Everything else seems to be there.

How can I transfer the email accounts I have on the old computer to the new one? BTW, I am using version 6.5.4 On Windows 10
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Transferring email accounts to new box

Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

If you're comfortable using the Registry Editor, then MailWasher stores the accounts in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Firetrust\MailWasher Pro"

Otherwise I've attached mailwasher.zip, inside that, is mailwasher.bat.

You need to save the .bat file to your desktop or wherever, then right click this and select 'Run As Administrator" >> that will create a file c:\mailwasher_export.reg which contains all the MailWasher settings and other account data. Then run this .reg file on the new machine (with MailWasher closed) and answer Yes to import it into the Windows Registry.
Attachments
mailwasher.zip
(251 Bytes) Downloaded 427 times
TopThumb
Student Sheep

Thu May 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Thank you so much. I was dreading inputting all 37 email accounts manually
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu May 12, 2016 4:10 pm

No problems :)
MortResnick
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:45 pm

I have the same problem. I ran mailwasher.bat but the screen went by too fast. I ran it in a command prompt window and it said " The system was unable to find the specified key or value. I'm trying to transfer the many MWP accounts from one windows 10 PC to another. Can you help me with this?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:57 pm

MortResnick wrote:I have the same problem. I ran mailwasher.bat but the screen went by too fast. I ran it in a command prompt window and it said " The system was unable to find the specified key or value. I'm trying to transfer the many MWP accounts from one windows 10 PC to another. Can you help me with this?
You're using MailWasher 6 or 7 ?
If it's MailWasher 7, then under Help >> User Files >> just look for Accounts.xml >> that's file you want to copy across
MortResnick
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Running 7. That was easy. Had to close the program and then copied the file to its location on new PC. Thank you so much!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”