Mailwasher 7.8.0 Free glitch

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
kerikiwi
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher 7.8.0 Free glitch

Mon May 30, 2016 6:59 pm

I installed MW 7.8.0 after suffering the script error last weekend [had 6.5.4 for years] & while the script error still comes up the email program MW chose to load is Outlook which i haven't used for ages & should have loaded Windows Live Mail which has all my mail. How has this happened & is it safe for me to delete the Outlook account & add Win Live Mail as a new account? For the record i'm using Windows Vista & the script error page can be removed by clicking on the 'Yes' tab.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher 7.8.0 Free glitch

Mon May 30, 2016 7:03 pm

To change the email program in MailWasher go Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> select Live Mail from the drop down >>Save.

As for the script error, it sounds like you still have MailWasher 6 installed and running. Try opening MailWasher 6 through Start >> Programs >> MailWasher Free >> then under Settings >> there should be a load MailWasher Free on startup option near the top right, remove that >> OK >> then Exit the program.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”