email settings import

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
NickStrong
Student Sheep

email settings import

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 am

Recently upgraded to 6.51 Pro, and a - very satisfied - user for many years, but now (it seems as a result) all my email accounts have gone haywire (multiple incorrect logins and passwords) and if I try to use the settings import Wizard it only gives me Outlook set up accounts. Although I have Outlook legit installed on the machine, I have not used it in anger for about 5 years and it is not the default client. I used Outlook Express for a long, but it doesn't see that. What I do use now - probably the last 2 years - is Thunderbird and that's the default email software on the machine - and the "Mail Program" that MW opens upon clicking. But MW doesn't see it when it comes to the import Wizard. Why? What should I do to correct things? I am loathe to uninstall Outlook completely, because I do access it from time to time, albeit rarely. Thanks for any help.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: email settings import

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am

Have a look at this screen shot and click on Specify to set your email client.

MW Specify.jpg
MW Specify.jpg (78.43 KiB) Viewed 5799 times
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
NickStrong
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 am

That's exactly what is set up, for Thunderbird. That's why I'm puzzled and that's why I posted the question here.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:14 am

Our Account Importer I don't think is working with ThunderBird in that version of MailWasher, so any accounts will need to be setup manually, optionally you might be able to Import the accounts in Outlook and then MailWasher would see them.

The problem you describe might be indicative of other issues though, if you feel the passwords are correct, maybe try just checking one account at a time, in MailWasher go into Settings >> Connection Options >> and you'll see the option here to check accounts sequentially.
NickStrong
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm sure the passwords were correct - and I had been using MW with TB just fine for the last 2 (?) years. Prior to that, with OE for years. I'm reasonably familiar with MW (!).
This problem seems to emanate directly from upgrading to the latest version of MW, then, having added an account in TB, seeking to use the Wizard to bring it into MW the easy way and then discovering that only irrelevant Outlook accounts could be seen. Then all the account passwords went west.
Quite why I would want to set up an account in TB, then have to do it again in Outlook (a program I basically don't use and haven't for many years) just to be able to use the MW import wizard, is beyond me!!! Sounds like a techie 'solution'. ;)
ralfy
Student Sheep

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 am

I have a similar problem with MW 6.5.4 in Win 7 64-bit and Outlook 2007: when I use the wizard, duplicate entries appear in the tree, etc.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”