Removing my e-mail address from the Blacklist

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Slim2
Student Sheep

Removing my e-mail address from the Blacklist

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Mailwasher Pro 6.5.4
My e-mail address is listed in the Blacklist and I cannot delete it. After I select it and then hit Delete it disappears but as soon as I move on it reappears in the Blacklist. And I tried adding my e-mail address to the Friends list and as soon as I leave the site it disappears from the Friends list.
How can I permanently delete my e-mail address from the Blacklist? And, how can I permanently add my e-mail address to my Friends list?
Sincerely,
Slim2
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Removing my e-mail address from the Blacklist

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:58 pm

That's an odd one, it sounds as though your don't have write access to the blacklist.txt file, but then that would usually generate an error whenever MailWasher tried to access the file.

Try going into Help >> About >> open the link to where MailWasher stores the data files >> then close MailWasher so it's not running >> back in the folder you opene open up the file blacklist.txt and just remove your address entirely >> Save the file.

Then on restart of MailWasher you should see your address gone from the blacklist, I'd then try adding yourself to the Friends List >> Restart MailWasher >> see if it's still there.
Slim2
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:53 am

Dear Chris,
Your reply worked just fine for getting my e-mail address off the Blacklist. It appears that it will stay off now.
But, I must report that I could not find a Friends list anywhere with the items where I found the Blacklist. Is there another location where the Friends list might be found?
I then again tried adding my e-mail address to the Friends list several times, restarting Mailwasher each time after I added it, but with no success. Your advice is eagerly sought.
Sincerely,
Slim2
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:40 am

Can you email me a copy fo your blacklist.txt file to forum@firetrust.com

MailWasher stores the Friends List in the same file, all friends addresses are listed under the heading
[Whitelisted emails]
Slim2
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Dear rusticdog,
I have sent you the txt file of my Blacklist that has the Whitelist at the end as you requested.
It was doing this that I found the Whitelist (Friends). I will now try to add my e-mail address to the txt file to se if it will be reflected in the Mailwasher settings.
Best regards,
Slim2
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Yup great.

You do have *@frontier.com in your Blacklist as a wildcard, so anytime you get an email from anybody @frontier.com (including yourself) and you aren't in the Friends List it will show as Blacklisted. You may want to remove that ?
All the wild card entries are listed at the bottom of the Blacklist.

I would too probably check if MailWasher is adding senders to your blacklist through the Learning. Under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Learning >> there's an option to add the sender to the Blacklist under both the 'Learning' and 'Recognising Spam' tabs. Uncheck both those, as if a spam email is pretending to be from yourself that will cause you to be added.

Thanks
Slim2
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:28 am

Dear rusticdog,
I think I have cleaned up everything that you recommended. But, I still cannot get my own e-mail address added to the friends list. Do you have a recommendation for me to do so??
Best regards,
Slim2
Slim2
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:38 am

Dear rusticdog,
I may have figured it out. A bit of time may tell. At least as of now I see my e-mail address on the friends list and no e-mail address on the black list.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Slim2

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”