Options Pop-up box Problems In Vista

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
vivessence
It begins with a single step

Options Pop-up box Problems In Vista

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:48 am

My options box will not show the content needed to make changes. It's cut off and I can't navigate to the sections I need.
bobkat
Student Sheep

Re: Options Pop-up box Problems In Vista

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:46 am

This has nothing to do with Vista; I see the same behavior on Windows 2000/SP4 after installing 6.2.1. All Pop-up boxes (Gen. Options, Email Accounts, Spam Tools) are truncated on the right and bottom sides. Since the Pop-up cannot be re-sized, it is (difficult or) impossible to access all of the options. I guess I'll be moving back to 6.1 until I hear that this is fixed.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 am

Can you both let me know what resolutions you are running and if you are using Large Fonts in Windows

Thanks
bobkat
Student Sheep

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:42 pm

rusticdog,

I'm using 1280x1024 with Large Fonts on Windows 2000/SP4.

FWIW, I've already posted this info in response to your request under the parallel thread "Options Window Truncated", but will repeat it for anyone not watching both threads.

Thanks for your help.
bobkat
Student Sheep

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:04 pm

rusticdog,

I'm playing tag in cyberspace between this thread and another in this forum --
Your Registry Patch given under the thread "Options Window Truncated" worked like a charm for me for all affected Pop-up windows.
Rather than steal your thunder (er, uh, fire), I'll let you re-post the patch here or have other readers pick it up from there.

Thanks much

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”