Preppping Recycle Bin

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Pyroguy99
Rattled Rabbit

Preppping Recycle Bin

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 am

Hi there...

I have an old version of Mailwasher. 5.3 but it has served me well.

However, recently clicking "Process Mail" I get an error saying "Prepping Recycle Bin" which has never appeared before.

I don't want to change versions - this one is all I need and I don't necessarily want to pay for a replacement when I don't need it.

For some reason, it has also become REALLY slow.

Any suggestions?

Mike. (Pyroguy is just my online handle)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Preppping Recycle Bin

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 am

Hi Mike

Under Help >> About >> click the link at the bottom to open the data directory >> go back and close MailWasher so it's not running >> back in the folder you just opened, rename the file Trash.rot135 to something else (or you can just delete it) >> restart MailWasher.

MailWasher will lose the contents of the Recycle Bin, but it should fix this problem.
Pyroguy99
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Preppping Recycle Bin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 am

Thanks!

That seems to have solved the problem. I'll monitor it for a while. I appreciate a fix that didn't force me to get a new version!

Your help is appreciated!

I'm not worried about loosing the contents of the recycle bin. I didn't even know it existed and have never wished that it did!

Mike.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”