MW Pro sending the same email over and over again.

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
RonHayes
Mystified Moa

MW Pro sending the same email over and over again.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I've had MailWasher Pro for years and years and with good reason. It's always been dependable and reliable and with much appreciated bells and whistles.

I can only guess that my once dependable and reliable MailWasher has had a nervous breakdown. It can happen to the best of us.

For the past 3 weeks, morning, noon, and night, I receive the same notification email over and over again. And it's my Mastercard statement that I know that I've already paid but that also continually reminds me that I have to owe any money at all. :)

Is there anything I can do to stop this loop of continuous emails that have been opened and deleted, and opened and deleted, ad nauseam?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW Pro sending the same email over and over again.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi Ron

So MailWasher is alerting you to an email that doesn't exist, or these emails are continually coming in ?
If it's the former, I would try removing your account from MailWasher >> restart >> add the account back in.
RonHayes
Mystified Moa

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm

It's the latter. The same email is continually coming in.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

So I guess the best option would be to contact your card provider, letting them know they are blasting you with these emails over and over.
You could create a custom filter to flag these emails, and automatically delete them, though of course that may interfere with legitimate credit card statements later

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”