"The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was complete".

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
philiptory
Rattled Rabbit

"The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was complete".

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:40 am

I'm getting the same error message, several times a day. Has anybody come up with an answer yet? MWP v6.5.4
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: "The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was complete".

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 am

I move your post into it's own topic, as that one was 9 years old :)

So the account(s) do work, just you are periodically getting this message ?
This error implies the server disconnected from MailWasher, often it can be email antivirus scanners in the mix, so if you have one of those, try disabling the email scanner module (not the full antivirus program) and see if the problems continue.
philiptory
Rattled Rabbit

Re: "The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was complete".

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello Rustic,
Sorry I haven't replied - I didn't know you had written to me. I must check my settings!
I get the "intentionally closed by the server" message almost every time I do a Check Mail, whether I use mouse or press F5.
-- I press F5 to check mail, and it connects to PlusNet (my broadband provider). There is a 2-second pause, and then I get the the "intentionally closed" message.
-- I click OK to acknowledge and close the errors popup.
-- Then I press F5 a second time - and it always works on the second attempt OK.
I'll check again for emails maybe an hour or two later, and nearly always get the same problem. A few times, it works first go, but usually it doesn't.
My ISP cannot find a reason for this. I suppose it depends on what MWP means by the term "the server".
Please can you help?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

No problems.

Under Help >> About >> can you enable extended logging, click OK.

Run MailWasher for a bit, letting the error happen several times >> then go into Help >> About >> open the link at the bottom to the data directory >> then close MailWasher so it is not running >> back in the folder you opened, if you can email me the file called MailWasherPro_debug.txt to forum@firetrust.com

Also what flavour AntiVirus program do you run ?

Thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”