Google Mail & Mailwasher

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Davie
Rattled Rabbit

Google Mail & Mailwasher

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:48 am

I have also got a Google Mail email account that I would like to cover with Mailwasher. The problem is that whatever I try, I cannot get MW to access it. I keep getting a message telling me that the reason could be a firewall blocking it but I have tried turning off the firewall to no avail.

Can anyone help me as I've tried setting it up through POP3 and IMAP, but nothing seems to want to work?

I look forward to any replies.

Thanks in advance.

David.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Google Mail & Mailwasher

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 am

Been using Gmail to get mail using POP and for sending messages from MW for quite some time with no hassles.

What you need to do is go through the GMail guide for POP and set all of the MW settings including the ones behind the advanced tab. If you don't have the ports and security stuff set right the GMail server will ignore you.
Davie
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the information. I have tried that and now I get 'bad username or password'. Do you think it could be something to do with my other email account in MW?

David.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Are you using your full account mane, xxxxx@gmail.com?

Do you have a leading or trailing space on either user name or password?

I have multiple other accounts as well as Gmail and have no problems getting mail every five minutes day after day.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”