Filters and Spamcop reporting

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
mesaboogieman
Student Sheep

Filters and Spamcop reporting

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi
I use my filters to automatically delete my spam without notification. When using the filters in automatic mode is it possible to have the deleted spam reported to Spamcop?

Thanks
mesaboogieman
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Filters and Spamcop reporting

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:11 pm

No, spamcop wants each e-mail to be looked at by the submitter before it is reported so MW doesn't support auto submissions.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:39 pm

At the time we set this up, I think SpamCop required us to ensure that messages could not be reported automatically, and that they must be reported by the user who have a visual confirmation of the message first.
mesaboogieman
Student Sheep

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks for the info.

mesabboogieman
Simon
Mystified Moa

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi there.
It is worth having a look at the topic "bouncing mail - not working" As there is a lot of messages that explain why it is not allowed. Spamcop will just get too many for them to deal with.
That is just basic logic and is how i understand it.
Simon. :roll:
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm

Spamcop and bouncing are very different and shouldn't be confused since spamcop does find the real source of the message and the abuse addresses for any websites mentioned in the spam.

I got a spam tonight, actually 20 copies of it, reported it to spamcop 20 times and got a note back from GoDaddy that the website was taken down before I got the last one processed. You can't overload the spamcop system easily, I have submitted several thousand spam reports per hour with no spamcop issues, I did get a note from my mail provider that suggested I was hammering their server though.

Bouncing on the other hand... http://wiki.castlecops.com/What_is_Wron ... ncing_Spam

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”