Mailwasher not seeing all my e mails

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
norbret
It begins with a single step

Mailwasher not seeing all my e mails

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi
After MW opens and collects mail from my account and processes same, it then opens Outlook Express and puts my friends mail into my inbox. However this is followed by at least as many spam e mails as MW processed in the first place. MW is not seeing these e mails. The only thing they have in common is the to line which reads
"thisisjusttestmessageatall@my account.co.uk" . I have changed my user name to "myaccount" for obvious reasons. I have tried every permutation of filter in MW to no avail. All these e mails seem to be invisible to MW.
norbret
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher not seeing all my e mails

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:25 am

First MW does not send e-mail anywhere, it looks at it on the server and either leaves it there or deletes it.

What it sounds like is that your e-mail program is checking accounts that MW isn't or you have turned on the function that hides some messages.

Go to the view menu first and disable hiding and see if that gets it working.

If that doesn't work give MW and your mail program a good going over to insure that you have the account settings exactly the same in both.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”