Bounce issues

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
toolman0114
Rattled Rabbit

Bounce issues

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

When I try to bounce a spam email I get a popup for each one from my symantic antivirus email proxy saying something about not being able to send them because the connection to my server has been interrupted, please open your email client and re-send the message from the sent messages folder. I never had this problem before I reformatted my PC. Im running Windows 7
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Bounce issues

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 pm

toolman0114 wrote:When I try to bounce a spam email I get a popup for each one from my symantic antivirus email proxy saying something about not being able to send them because the connection to my server has been interrupted, please open your email client and re-send the message from the sent messages folder
You could try disabling the Symantec email scanner module, I don't have an install handy but I do recall it also had a feature to not scan the outgoing mail as well. It will perhaps be blocking the emails because of their content.

For most part though, we don't recommend bouncing any more as it isn't a suitable response to modern spamming techniques. It's still useful as a feature to bounce back people you know when you want them to think your address is invalid.
toolman0114
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Bounce issues

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Thank you....Bouncing just gives me a bit of satisfaction, but I guess I just wont do it any longer.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”