Deleting MW Pro version 6.5.4

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Bundaburra
Student Sheep

Deleting MW Pro version 6.5.4

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 pm

For many years I was running MW Pro 6.5.4, but in recent times I have upgraded to the current version, 2019.7.12.6. I have it set up so I can run either version or both, which was useful when creating new filters. My directory structure, within Program Files(x86) is Firetrust > MailWasher, and MailWasher Old. The time has come to remove the old version from my PC, as I am completely satisfied with the latest version, but I'm not sure how to do that. The old version does not show up in the Revo Uninstaller, but in the "Old" folder there is a file named "unins000.exe". Would it be safe to run this, or is there some other way to remove the "old" version without affecting anything in the "new" one?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Deleting MW Pro version 6.5.4

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Bundaburra wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 pm
For many years I was running MW Pro 6.5.4, but in recent times I have upgraded to the current version, 2019.7.12.6. I have it set up so I can run either version or both, which was useful when creating new filters. My directory structure, within Program Files(x86) is Firetrust > MailWasher, and MailWasher Old. The time has come to remove the old version from my PC, as I am completely satisfied with the latest version, but I'm not sure how to do that. The old version does not show up in the Revo Uninstaller, but in the "Old" folder there is a file named "unins000.exe". Would it be safe to run this, or is there some other way to remove the "old" version without affecting anything in the "new" one?
Yeah it will be fine.

If for some reason it does interfere, you won't lose any settings in the new version, as the old version uninstaller does not touch the folders the new version uses for settings (Unless you changed them from the default).
Then it would be a quick install of the new version again would get everything back into Program Files.

If you want to play it super safe, in the new version go File >> Export >> set to include Learning >> give the file a save location and name >> Export. This will back up all the settings and other data.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”