Mailwasher 6.5.4 has stopped working

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
sledjunk
It begins with a single step

Mailwasher 6.5.4 has stopped working

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:02 pm

I have been using Mailwasher for many years and across many machines over those years. I have been using version 6.5.4 since it was released and stayed there rather than purchase a subscription for each of my machines.

In the last day or so, Mailwasher will no longer access any of my hotmail / outlook accounts. It returns "Error connecting with SSL". I have tried to configure one of my accounts as IMAP rather than POP, with the same error.

Does anyone know what has changed and how to get past this error?

TIA
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher 6.5.4 has stopped working

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Unfortunately it looks like MailWasher 6 and Hotmail are no longer compatible. That version of MailWasher uses an older version of SSL which some email providers are removing support for.

The new MailWasher works, but that may not be suitable for you. I do notice you comment about subscriptions for each machine, MailWasher 7 allows one license per 3 machines.

Cheers
eztag

Re: Mailwasher 6.5.4 has stopped working (MWPro ver 7.12.6 in my case)

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 pm

I am also having Hotmail problems... I receive "friendly" emails fine in the MW program, but the Junk mails just blast straight through to my Hotmail client (Outlook.com)... They are sent to the spam folder, but are not processed in any way... Everything worked just fine until about a week or so ago...

Please advise
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher 6.5.4 has stopped working (MWPro ver 7.12.6 in my case)

Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 am

eztag wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 pm
I am also having Hotmail problems... I receive "friendly" emails fine in the MW program, but the Junk mails just blast straight through to my Hotmail client (Outlook.com)... They are sent to the spam folder, but are not processed in any way... Everything worked just fine until about a week or so ago...

Please advise
In MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> check first it's set to IMAP at the top >> if not, change and Save >> then under the IMAP tab you can select to show the Junk/Spam folder emails
muspench

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:33 am

"Unfortunately it looks like MailWasher 6 and Hotmail are no longer compatible. That version of MailWasher uses an older version of SSL which some email providers are removing support for"

Yikes. So everyone with Hotmail accounts who uses 6.5.3 or 6.5.4 is permanently cut off as of a few weeks ago? I haven't had Hotmail access due to these errors:

·Exception 1F04 30:59:46.937: occurred during connect: Error connecting with SSL. (EIdOSSLConnectError)
· Exception was unexpected

but was hoping that was a temporary aberration.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:29 am

muspench wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:33 am
Yikes. So everyone with Hotmail accounts who uses 6.5.3 or 6.5.4 is permanently cut off as of a few weeks ago? I haven't had Hotmail access due to these errors:

Unfortunately so.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”