Mailwasher & Yahoo - changes from October?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Mailwasher & Yahoo - changes from October?

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi. I am sure others have had an email from Yahoo which begins like this:

We love that you love using your Yahoo Mail. And we want to make sure you always have the best experience. That’s why we’re reaching out today.

We’ve noticed that you’re using non-Yahoo applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications) that may use a less secure sign-in method. To protect you and your data, Yahoo will no longer support the current sign-in functionality in your application starting on 20 October 2020. This means that you will need to take one of the steps below to continue using Yahoo Mail without interruption

Here's a link:

https://en-global.help.yahoo.com/kb/new ... sions=true

Could Firetrust give any information on this re. Mailwasher Pro 6.5.4? Is MW not going to be able to log in to Yahoo after 20/10? I see no specific intructions on the Yahoo site for a programme like MW.

Thank you.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher & Yahoo - changes from October?

Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm

For MailWasher 6, you'll need to use an App Password. Then it should be fine.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-thir ... 15241.html

Your master Yahoo password stays the same, the app password needs to be used in programs like MailWasher.
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 pm

I'll follow the link.. post back if, when the time comes next month, I cannot get it to work.

Many thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 pm

Has it not been working for some time ?
From what I recall, the SSL libraries in MailWasher 6 are too dated to work with Yahoo now. So it should have stopped working some time ago.

You can replace the SSL library files manually. The only quirk I notice is that the first mail check might fail with an error about loading the SSL library, then it seems to work.

I've attached the files to replace.
If you close MailWasher >> then go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Firetrust\MailWasher Pro\ and rename libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll (something like adding .old to the end)
Then place the files attached into that folder >> start MailWasher.
Attachments
MailWasher_Pro.zip
(855.52 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 am

Thanks for the zip file... am trying to fix this now. It had been working fine until a day or two ago...

(EDIT: I changed the password in MW, as above/Yahoo instructions, and it seems to be working OK without replacing any files).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”