No mail going to my Windows Mail Inbox.

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Donaldo
It begins with a single step

No mail going to my Windows Mail Inbox.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:20 am

Since installing Mailwasher Pro no mail whatsoever is ending up in my Windows mail Inbox and good mail is showing in Mailwasher with staus "Friend". Is this normal and is ir possible to transfer mail from Mailwasher to the Windows Mail Inbox? I would appreciate any help!
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: No mail going to my Windows Mail Inbox.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:34 am

MW doesn't transfer mail, it just looks at your mail server and deletes any spam from it.

If mail is showing up in MW and you don't delete it but it doesn't show up in your mail program you may have a setting wrong in the mail program.

Nothing should show a status of Friend unless you told MW to add the sender's address to the friends list. If stuff is showing up as a Friend and you are sure you didn't add it go to the spam tools and check the entries in your friend list to see if you put in a wildcard (one with ? + *) that is causing the problem.
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Re: No mail going to my Windows Mail Inbox.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:54 pm

One thing to add to Stan's comments -- your email client should be set to download manually (i.e. not poll the server every x minutes) which means that you have to manually make the client download. Download msgs only after processing msgs via MWP otherwise spam may be missed and thus downloaded to your client.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”