Changing font / font size in preview pane (MWP 6.5.4 Windows 10)

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Adam
Mystified Moa

Changing font / font size in preview pane (MWP 6.5.4 Windows 10)

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:57 pm

When I get mail in Hebrew MailWasher Pro uses a tiny and almost unreadable font size (5pt I suppose),

Is there any way to decide which font and font size are used in preview?
Adam
Mystified Moa

Re: Changing font / font size in preview pane (MWP 6.5.4 Windows 10)

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:08 am

Nobody? Really ? :cry :cry

I repeat the question:

How to change the font / for size used in preview pane - is it some Windows default? Do I have to use Regedit? Change something in an .ini file ?

Someone surely knows the answer to this.

It is really hindering my possibility to use the software.

Thanks in advance :help
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:27 pm

Unfortunately not, that version of MailWasher uses a fixed font size which can only be altered by increasing the overall font size in Windows.
Adam
Mystified Moa

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:35 pm

Strange since Hebrew font worked perfectly in XP and 7 for this same version of the software?

Can you find out which font specifically we are talking about? (i.e. is used by the code). Perhaps that font in not installed in my Win 10 and it is using a "replacement" font.

I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:02 pm

It most likely will be Arial, though we don't have any programmers to work with this old version of MailWasher, so I can't get anything confirmed.

Unfortunately I cannot think of any nice way to improve this, Windows 10 also doesn't allow font scaling in individual applications. Obviously there is the newer MailWasher 7.x, which has built in font scaling, but that has a cost associated. If you just have the one account then the free version ought to be fine
Adam
Mystified Moa

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:41 pm

Thanks, but I was not offered a free version - I have only one personal account and I bought a "lifetime" license years ago but now I am expected to pay US $ 90 for another "lifetime" license - I must be a cat with many lives :)

So where can I download a free version of 7 - a fully functional one I hope? The one offered on the site expires after 30 days?

And if I get ver. 7 is there an easy way to port the accounts and filter info from 6.5.4 to 7 ? There is no export option but perhaps a file with this info is available?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:44 pm

The free version does have some limitations, can be gotten from https://www.mailwasher.net/

There is no filter import, but the import wizard should pick up the existing MailWasher accounts and some other settings just fine.
Adam
Mystified Moa

Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:50 am

OK I see the free version handles just one email account but I have more accounts.

Thanks for the answers :bow

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”