About MailWasher Pro6.3

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

About MailWasher Pro6.3

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Installed update over previous version and note that "This product is licensed to:" remains blank. To be honest not sure what was there before.

MailWasherPro is a great product which I have used for years. Highly recommended.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: About MailWasher Pro6.3

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 am

Someone else reported their registration name changing to something strange... You are not alone!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Whilst I don't want to assume to much, I have the feeling the person whose 'name changed' may have been using someone else registration code :)

The name is embedded within the Registration Code, if it's blank then at the time we generated the code for you, we may have not had the name details, or something went screwy and the name wasn't included. We have a bunch of folk in the database whose name is missing, and we only have an email address for.

Happy to fix this up if you want and supply a new registration code that includes your name, just let me know if you want to do this.

Cheers
getech
It begins with a single step

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:50 am

My dim friend, you have most certainly stole someone else's registration. Suggest you do the right thing and buy MW... :nono
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:54 am

getech wrote:My dim friend, you have most certainly stole someone else's registration. Suggest you do the right thing and buy MW... :nono
Now that is not very nice, you have no way to know that.
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 pm

getech wrote:My dim friend, you have most certainly stole someone else's registration. Suggest you do the right thing and buy MW... :nono
Hmmm, namecalling and making incorrect assumptions. However, I forgive you.
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:27 pm

rusticdog wrote:Whilst I don't want to assume to much, I have the feeling the person whose 'name changed' may have been using someone else registration code :)

The name is embedded within the Registration Code, if it's blank then at the time we generated the code for you, we may have not had the name details, or something went screwy and the name wasn't included. We have a bunch of folk in the database whose name is missing, and we only have an email address for.

Happy to fix this up if you want and supply a new registration code that includes your name, just let me know if you want to do this.

Cheers
That would be nice. Would you like me to e-mail you my details and original e-mail from FireTrust containing my reg. code.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 pm

yeah, just email me the email address we'll have in our records....be sure I get your name too :)

email through to me at forum*firetrust.com (replacing * with @)

cheers
rd
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 pm

stan_qaz wrote:
Now that is not very nice, you have no way to know that.
Thanks for not jumping to misinformed conclusions like my learned friend, getech. Perhaps he/she would like to provide Firetrust with an additional donation for this wonderful piece of software in view of his penchant for namecalling and making false accusations. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Regards
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am

I've emailed you the details Jerome

Cheers
rd
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:11 pm

rusticdog wrote:I've emailed you the details Jerome

Cheers
rd
Thanks rd.
I assume that I will need to uninstall MW and reinstall. If so, will I lose all my filters (I have them backed up)? I recall some years ago when I did this I couldn't import them all. Only some imported and I had to manually rekey in all the rest, which I don't want to have to repeat.
Thanks for your assistance.
Regards,
Jerome
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Nah, just close MW, run the patch, open MW.

All should be sorted then.
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 pm

rusticdog wrote:Nah, just close MW, run the patch, open MW.

All should be sorted then.
rd, I'm embarrassed....How do I run the "patch"? Your e-mail had the reg code which I could cut & paste if I had the "Registration" button appearing. Where is the "patch".
Jerome
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Don't be, sounds like you only got one of the two emails I sent, not surprising, I've been having problems sending email a bit lately.

I've sent you a PM instead with the details.
http://forum.firetrust.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox
jeromeshaw
Student Sheep

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:46 pm

rusticdog wrote:Don't be, sounds like you only got one of the two emails I sent, not surprising, I've been having problems sending email a bit lately.

I've sent you a PM instead with the details.
http://forum.firetrust.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox
Perfect. Worked fine.
Many thanks for your assistance.

Jerome

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”