Mail Washer not washing

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
garyogden1957
Mystified Moa

Mail Washer not washing

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:56 pm

Mail Washer has been running fine for a while now but after I installed Avira Speed Up as far as I know it was about this time mail washer will not highlight emails in green anymore?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mail Washer not washing

Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:12 pm

garyogden1957 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:56 pm
Mail Washer has been running fine for a while now but after I installed Avira Speed Up as far as I know it was about this time mail washer will not highlight emails in green anymore?
If there is a way to restore the files Avira Speed Up removed, then that might work.
Otherwise you'll need to retrain MailWasher on which emails are good/bad. I would also set Avira Speed Up to ignore MailWasher, or have it ignore the folder manually at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\
Sadly these programs that claim to clean up aren't careful enough, we've had problems in the past with kinds of these utilities.
AnthonyColucci
It begins with a single step

Re: Mail Washer not washing

Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:52 pm

It uses a combination of user defined filters, spam databases and Bayesian filtering. The filter works on a small portion of each email, and then allows unwanted emails to be directly deleted from the user's POP3 inbox, without downloading them to the email client on the user's computer.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”