Mailwasher not processing all mail.

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
duracell
It begins with a single step

Mailwasher not processing all mail.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi, I have been having a problem with the latest update of mailwasher where all spam is not being processed in one action. When Outlook opens over the mailwasher window and I receive mail, it drags in numerous spam mails that were not processed correctly. If I return to mailwasher and process again it will usually clear the spam properly.Also it is opening outlook even though all mail has been flagged as spam and marked for deletion.I have checked all the options and am unable to resolve this problem. Could anyone suggest a fix? Thank you.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher not processing all mail.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 am

Turn off the launch e-mail program option in MW and make sure your e-mail program is not set to get new messages when started or at set intervals.

From the View menu select "Show Hidden E-mail" so you see everything on your server.

Process mail in MW, once it finishes click the check mail button and it will list all messages still on your server.

If some of them failed to delete mark them and delete them again.

Check mail again to be sure all are gone.

Get your e-mail into your mail program.

If you regularly see messages that were marked for delete and did not get deleted you may be having another issue, post back if that is the case.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”