Mailwasher not bouncing unread emails

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
julyfly
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher not bouncing unread emails

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 am

I have the new Mailwasher 6.3 but I also had this problem with the older version. I cannot get email from q.com and TIAS.com. This has been going on for several years with TIAS.com and since I think q.com is fairly new, I don't have a time frame on it. I can send mail to q.com and it goes through fine. The only way that person can email me is through REPLY. It will not go through to TIAS and gives them the information that my email address is invalid. The TIAS site pertains to my business and I really miss it.

I have a 3rd problem that I am sure is Time Warner's, although they deny it. I live right on the Mexico border and think this may be part of the problem, somehow. I DO live in the United States, however!

Can you help on any of this?

TIA,
Julyfly :(
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher not bouncing unread emails

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:12 am

MW's bounce function (sending a forged bounce message to the address on the e-mail) is often blocked by ISPs as a form of mail abuse so if it isn't working you need to check to see if that is the issue. You should read tha wiki on bouncing too, if you don't understand what is going wrong you may get a nasty surprise.

http://wiki.castlecops.com/What_is_Wron ... ncing_Spam

On your inability to get mail, that isn't a function of MW but of your ISP and you need to get with them to see what the problem is. If the replies are getting through and mails sent to another address are getting through I'd guess that you have your e-mail program set for a different "reply to" address. Other possibilities exist that are related to the ISPs mail handling.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”