Mailwasher Free 6.3 viewing problem

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Jenny Wren
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher Free 6.3 viewing problem

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 am

I have been using mailwasherfree for many years and love it. My problem is that I just upgraded my version from 5.1 to 6.3 and the upgrade to Mailwasher Pro banner is covering two of the action icons. My process mail button has been cut in half by this banner. Any suggestions on what my problem is? I tried changing my screen resolution but that didn't help, nor did decreasing my win xp icon spacing. I'm stumped. It is a nuisance trying to carefully place my pointer on the little bit of process mail button that is showing. Thanks for any suggestions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher Free 6.3 viewing problem

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am

Several folks have been reporting similar issues, you might try an uninstall, download a fresh copy and reinstall with your virus and malware tools turned off.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:17 am

Odd. If you can attach a screenshot too that would be great, just so we can see exactly what it's doing.

Also knowing your screen resolution, and if you are using large fonts or not.

Cheers
Jenny Wren
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:37 am

Sorry, I can't send a screen shot as I gave up in frustration and re-installed 5.1. I've been fiddling with this for hours so my patience have gone out the window. For your info though, my resolution is 1280 x 1024 and my font size is 'normal'. Having re-installed 5.1 however, it is now behaving oddly ie: the column widths cannot be moved ( no double sided arrows allowing for alterations ) and all of my emails are marked for deletion. I remember having that problem months ago and somehow solving it, but I neglected to take my own advice and write down in my notebook what I did. Back to the drawing board.
Jenny Wren
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am

Sorry, I'm obviously not thinking straight. Column widths can only be altered once email is checked and waiting for processing - not when mailwasher is empty. And I did try a fresh install of 6.3 only to have the same problem with the process mail button being partially covered. I'm beginning to like the phrase " if it ain't broke, don't fix it ".
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm about an hour away from the office, so I'll check this out when I get in and see if we can reproduce. Hopefully it's something we can fix without having to do another build.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:35 pm

It's OK for me on that resolution. As we are rewriting MW from scratch anyway, I'd suggest if 5.3 was working for you, stick with that.
Otherwise in the Display Options you can set to remove the button captions which does reduce the width of space they take up, or set not to use Large Icons which makes them much smaller.

Cheers
Chris
Jenny Wren
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks, Chris. I'll stick with 5.1 until the new build.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”