adding second emailaddress

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Titia
Mystified Moa

adding second emailaddress

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 am

I hope I can explain my problem, because I'm Dutch and English is not my native language.

I made a second emailaddress on my HetNet account, but when I enter it in MW I get the following message: the account on pop.hetnet.nl for user titiageertman is already set up in MailWasher Pro as 'Titia @ Hetnet

I don't know what's wrong, because it's a second email address on the same HetNet account, so both have the same pop3 server address with my username and password.

I'm a true amateur as it comes to technical stuff, so you have to explain in easy words to me what I do wrong.
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Re: adding second emailaddress

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 am

What are you entering as the username? Depending on hetnet requirements, it should be either "titiageertman" or "titiageertman{AT}hetnet{DOT}nl" assuming "titiageertman" is your second account's unique name. (Substitute "@" for {AT} and "." for {DOT} of course).
Titia
Mystified Moa

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:05 am

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My first emailaddress is titiageertman*AD* hetnet.nl
My username for the HetNet account is titiageertman.

I have the possibility to set up a second emailbox on the same HetNet account.
So I made one and called it NFDH with emailaddress nfdh_stamboek*AD*hetnet.nl

I added this new emailaddress to my Outlook. Name is NFDH, username is titiageertman too, because that's my HetNet account name to enter the POP3 server. I did an emailcheck and though it was approved by Outlook, it won't show in my inbox.

Then I tried to ad it to MW, but when I enter 'titiageertman' as my username, I get the above message.
I've tried to enter NFDH as well as the new emailaddress for my username and both were accepted by MW, but Outlook won't accept those names as usernames.

I feel such a moron. Everybody is using multiple email accounts in MW and I'm not even getting a second one in. I think I'm going to look for somebody in my neighbourhood to help me with this, because it's difficult to help from a distance.
Ikeb

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 am

I added this new emailaddress to my Outlook. Name is NFDH, username is titiageertman too, because that's my HetNet account name to enter the POP3 server. I did an emailcheck and though it was approved by Outlook, it won't show in my inbox.
I expect that your username for the second account should be "nfdh_stamboek". Using the "titiageertman" username would get you to the first account, thus no further msgs?
Titia
Mystified Moa

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:23 pm

I knew it had something to do with the password but it totally slipped my mind that I had to enter a new password for the new mailbox.
I'm standing in the corner now with red cheeks :oops: and I'm not even blond :shock: or does grey count too :wink:
Thanks anyway for the help and your time.
Ikeb

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:41 am

:lol: Gray only counts if you still have it. ;)

Tot seens. :)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”