Yahoo SSL error

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Yahoo SSL error

Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Hi. Using (still :-) ) MW Pro 6.5.4. I rarely have any problem with it, but yesterday my (Windows 10) UAC suddenly, after years and years of having MW on my PC, decided to start blocking the MW exe file (big red banner! "For your own protection... " and I could no longer open the programme. I had to disable UAC in the registry in order to be able to open Mailwasher at all.

'Fixed', I thought (though be good to know why this happened at all). But the problem I have had for a few days now is that MW is not able to access my Yahoo (UK) accounts. The other two (non-Yahoo) accounts in MW still work just fine, but the Yahoo ones bring up "Error connecting with SSL" in the error digest window. My email settings in MW are the same as ever (for POP). If I Send/Receive in MS Outlook, all my Yahoo mails are received with no problem.

Any idea what has gone wrong in MW please, and how I can fix things? There do seem to be some issues with Yahoo posted on the internet the past few days, but as I say, if I download directly in Outlook, I don't see any issues.

Thanks.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Yahoo SSL error

Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:58 pm

Yery likely your Yahoo has stopped support for the older SSL method MWPro 6 uses, only our later MWPro 7.xx version has been updated to the new SSL method....

To test this, install either MWPro trial version from here:
http://www.firetrust.com/products/mailw ... o/download

OR the free version from here:
https://www.mailwasher.net/download-mailwasher-free

(Note) that this wont effect your 6.xx version at all)

OR, below is another option to try out first if you wish.....

We have recently found that sometimes you can get the new SSL working by extracting and placing the attached files in the install folder, replacing the old.

This folder is usually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firetrust\MailWasher Pro

It will generate a failure to load SSL libraries on startup, but setting MW to Suppress All Errors will hide that:

Tools>>Show Errors Digest, tick, "suppress all errors">>OK.

It might also require MW to be set to sequential checking also.

Settings>>Connection Options, select, "sequential checking">>OK

Attachments
MWP-SSL.zip
(855.52 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:47 pm

"OR, below is another option to try out first if you wish....."

Yes, I tried that first, and it seems to have cured the issue straight away! Thank you very much for the quick help! :-)
gingbat

Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:50 pm

No problem at all, good to hear all is well again.... cheers!
martinlest
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:12 pm

Unfortunately it seems that with the replacement dll files, my non-Yahoo accounts now reports SSL errors.. (Could not load SSL library').
gingbat

Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:34 am

Maybe they don't actually support the new SSL...? (not sure why that would be though) try disabling SSL for those accounts just to see if that allows the connection?

If not, may be time for a upgrade....?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”