Hotmail account

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Hotmail account

Tue May 04, 2010 5:18 am

I need help with setting up a hotmail account in my MW 6.5.3. I found some information i rusticdogs topic "Hotmail offering POP3 access" from jan 28, 2009 but I am not sure that it is relevant. Anyhow it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. :D
/hans peter
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Hotmail account

Thu May 06, 2010 8:30 am

I fixed it myself. Thank you! :lol:
MW Pro 7.7.0, WIN 8.1
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri May 07, 2010 4:38 am

How did you fix it?

Post what you did so the next fellow that has a problem can find the correct answer.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Fri May 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Open the main window in MW. Click on Tools. Click on Email Accounts. Click on Add account...
Follow after that the discription in the pictures. (I see just now that the pictures are in the revers order :devil . Start with the last one.)
Those options function for me. For receiving as well as bouncing mail. But you have also to create an account that fits in your email-software. How to do this in Outlook Express you can get help here:
http://ask-leo.com/what_are_windows_liv ... tings.html
/hans peter
Attachments
6 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail_Advanced account optione_Bouncing details.jpg
6 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail_Advanced account optione_Bouncing details.jpg (83 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
5 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail_Advanced account optione_Outgoing mail (SMPT).jpg
5 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail_Advanced account optione_Outgoing mail (SMPT).jpg (95.06 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
4 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail.jpg
4 Email Account Details_Bouncing and Outgoing Mail.jpg (113.56 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
3 Email Account Details_Mail Account_Advanced account options.jpg
3 Email Account Details_Mail Account_Advanced account options.jpg (99.87 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
2 Email Account Details_Incoming Mail.jpg
2 Email Account Details_Incoming Mail.jpg (120.19 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
1 Email Account Details_Mail Account.jpg
1 Email Account Details_Mail Account.jpg (112.18 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
MW Pro 7.7.0, WIN 8.1
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat May 08, 2010 8:34 am

Thanks, that will be a big help to the next Hotmail user that is having issues.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”