MSN junk mail not being filtered

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Samundus
It begins with a single step

MSN junk mail not being filtered

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 am

hello,

i am having trouble with MSN it seems that Mailwasher does filter main mail on msn but it does not filter the junk mail so when i process mail it lets all msn junk mail folder unchecked. is there a setting i am missing ?? someone please help :help :help :help
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: MSN junk mail not being filtered

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 am

MW only checks the mail presented to it by the server, that usually means only the mail in the In Box and not stuff the server has moved to other folders.

You may be able to set your server not to move mail around and that will let MW get to all of it and keep you from having the server tag good mail as spam too.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MSN junk mail not being filtered

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Correct in that MW is only checking the Inbox folder, the Junk folder used by MSN is different. You could also set your email program not to synchronise the Junk folder, so that those emails are never downloaded by the email program

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”