Mailwasher ignoring delete settings

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
mfrie01
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher ignoring delete settings

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:43 am

I'm using MailWasherPro 6.0 on XP SP3.

My wife has multiple email addresses and sent me a message from one which either SpamCop or Spamhous doesn't like. I have her on my friends list and the Action for "Block know origins of spam" is set to "Mark the email for deletion" and "Display the email." "Perform the action" is set to "On 'Process Mail'"

When I watch Mailwasher retrieving the mail I can see the 1 message flash in the status bar, but it never displays. It is deleted automatically without showing it to me. No matter that she's on my friends list - the "origin of spam" is blowing it away. The only way I can get this message is to turn off the "Block know origins of spam" page.

This can't be proper behavior and now I'm worried about possible emails that never arrived from clients. What's up?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mailwasher ignoring delete settings

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Help on back versions of MW is hard to come by here, most users have the current release of MW, 6.3 that is a free upgrade for registered users.

Give that a try and see if it helps out.

You can try to see what is going on with that message by looking in the mail log, if MW deleted it there should be an entry there showing why.

You can turn on debugging and do a mail check then look at the socketlog file to see what MW told your mail server to do about/with the message too.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher ignoring delete settings

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeap, first suggestion is to upgrade to 6.3 as I have a feeling there was a bug we fixed that relates to this

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”