No default mail application was found

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
scallerbar
Rattled Rabbit

No default mail application was found

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 am

Everything was working fine untill I installed microsoft office, I forgot to NOT to install outlook from that program. So I had to uninstall that section, and went back into control panel and made sure that windows mail was my default mail program. Now my mailwasher can get my emails off my isp, but can not open my mail program.I get this error message when I try to process my mail " No default mail application was found". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. I am using visita ultimate. I can open window mail and the emails will download, so how do I fix this problem pleaseeeeeeeee :cry: :cry:
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: No default mail application was found

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 am

Try using the specify button in the tools - options dialog to set MW to the right program.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
scallerbar
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 am

options dialog to set MW to the right program.

so I go into tools, then where ? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean, I had looked in there for a options button before but there isn't any. Went into general options, has tick in perform default mail check every. I still have the same problem. I have mailwasher pro 6.3 if that helps.
I can not see anything where it has windows mail
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 am

Open mailwasher.

On the top menu click Tools.

On the menu that drops down click General Options.

On the box that opens General Options should be selected, if not click it.

Click the top one of the two specify buttons, the second is to specify a sound for new mail.

If your mail program is listed in the drop down list select it from there.

If it is not in the list then add the program using the second option there. Clicking the button with the "..." on it will let you browse to the program you want to use.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”