Firetrust now takes trade....

News and announcements concerning Firetrust.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Firetrust now takes trade....

Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Back when MailWasher Pro was just called MailWasher, which we only took voluntary donations for, we also used to receive all sorts of great gifts.

It was a simpler life back then. Thankfully no-one knew the name Paris Hilton and every morning we got up early to milk the cow (and I’m not talking about Paris Hilton anymore)....we harvested our own breakfast cereal, then the children began their commute to school by horse. Mind you back in the day we didn’t have any luxuries like carts or saddles, the children had the “Rope of Joy” instead. The “Rope of Joy” consisted of a rope, one end tied to the horse, the other to the children. Here’s a picture we took of the children happily frolicking on their way to school.

For many people, sending a gift was better than sending a donation, which we didn’t mind that at all. Plenty gave us a laugh, or were put to good use - some were even put to the use that was intended. Over the years we saw clothing, stickers, coasters, and puzzles just to name a few...

Sadly when MailWasher Pro was introduced, and we no longer accepted donations the world changed. Corporations grew like weeds, all talk about mergers, stock issues, and their golf handicap, and through this time we lost a lot of that quirky interaction with you, and frankly we miss it.

We miss your hand written notes. We miss the stamp collection taken from letters received from all over the world. We miss that lottery ticket you sent, that I won $2 with, but couldn’t even cash in because I don’t live in the same country as you. It was all awesome.

So, until we come up with a better idea, we are now opening back up the Post Office Box, and we will accept trade for those who don’t wish to purchase from us, but who do still want to register MailWasher Pro.

Don’t want to buy MailWasher ? Send us something else that you consider fair trade, the rules are pretty simple.

Our postal address is
Firetrust Limited
P.O.Box 4620
Christchurch 8140
New Zealand

Be sure you include your email address, so that we can email you a Registration Code back to you.

If you want another program other than MailWasher Pro, be sure you include which program you want.

We do live in a country of BioSecurity fascists, that means
No Plants
No Fruit
No Vegetables
No Dairy Products
No Chewing Tobacco

Also
No Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
No Weapons
No Human Hybrid Embryos

Frankly I’m surprised that last one even had to be mentioned on the New Zealand Customs Website, but for those of you out there who may happen to also be Mad Scientists, with half man, half bear, half pig creations, please, don’t send their embryos through.

Cheers
rd
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Firetrust now takes trade....

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 pm

I have to make extra special thanks to Dane from Switzerland for being the first since this post :)

Thanks Dane

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:36 pm

And a whole kaboodle of stuff from http://www.redbunnysays.com

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:18 pm

A great selection of Canadiana..

Beaver toy, flags, and actual real Maple Syrup, not that crappy stuff we get here that comes in a plastic bottle...

And an Australian Weather Calendar, I've been in Brisbane a few times when a lightning storm hits, coming from a usually moderate NZ it was spectacular to see...

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:52 pm

We also got some excellent Calendars...again you Canadians :) Though I didn't get any photos before they were swooped up by staff.

And AusDog today sent a copy of Nortons Ghost, plus a touching letter.
This works out really well too, as I run nothing at home in terms of backups :bow

Return to “Announcements”