Emails not being filtered

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
dontwo
Rattled Rabbit

Emails not being filtered

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:49 pm

I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 64 bit preloaded. Also loaded Office365 with Outlook 2016. Then downloaded Mailwasher 7.5 using just 1 IMAP account. Clicked the" Disable Send/Receive".
On opening MW at the start of the day, all works fine, the unwanted emails are deleted, legitimate emails appearing in Outlook after being downloaded. However, during the day when I leave Outlook open ALL emails, both legitimate, blacklisted and unassigned come straight into Outlook. How do I prevent this and make MW hold all emails until I am ready to process them?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Emails not being filtered

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:01 am

I'm not an Outlook user, but based on my experience with Thunderbird, if you're using IMAP then your email client may download new email automatically, that seems to be the way that IMAP works.

That's fine. Before reading the new mail in your email client, just go and check your email with MailWasher, wash any mail that you don't want, and then go back to to your email client. Update the inbox, and the stuff that MailWasher has deleted will have been deleted there too, and you can just deal with the good stuff.

But to be sure, check the Outlook settings for the account and make sure that any automatic check for new mail is switched off.

And if you need to follow up, please start a new topic in http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50 where many more people will see it - this isn't the spot for MailWasher questions.
Windows 10
dontwo
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Emails not being filtered

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:13 pm

I would have thought that MW would stop the new emails being downloaded into Outlook, but even if marked "Blacklisted' they still download into Outlook when I am working in Outlook. I cannot find any setting which would allow an automatic download.
I will repost where you indicated to see if I can get any additional replies. Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”