Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
drjohn72
Mystified Moa
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:38 am

Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm

I use Mailwasher Pro, Benign, and then Thunderbird as email client.

I've had this arrangement, stable, for a long time - years.

I have 2 email addresses.

Mailwasher Pro recognises and downloads all emails to both addresses.

Thunderbird downloads one set of emails, but then for the second address I get the message, bottom left, "Downloading 1 of 28" but nothing downloads. Clearly it "sees" the emails but something is blocking the download.

The following message implies a B9 problem, as that's the toolbar label associated with it:

"An internal error has occured while communicating with the mail client (EIdNot Connected: Not Connected) Please contact Technical Support with a full description of the problem"

Do you recognise this as a B9 fault message? If so - where next?

I don't think it's a Thunderbird problem because surely that would affect emails to both addresses. But just to check, I deleted the problem account and reconstructed it - same problem.

:help please

regards

John Wilson
Bundaburra
Student Sheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm

I occasionally experience this same problem, and I believe it is a problem with B9. It seems to be related to the contents of an email message - there is something in the message which B9 does not like, and so refuses to process it. As a result, any further messages on the same server do not get processed either.

In addition to the "An internal error has occurred......." message, I also see a message in the B9 log saying "Cannot parse day of month", and error code 0x800CCC0F in the mail client. Fortunately, there is an easy workaround, which is just to temporarily disable B9. Go to your account settings in your email program, and on the incoming mail server for the affected account, remove the ".B9" suffix from the end. Then receive your mail - it should work, but will not be processed by B9. If you are also a MailWasher user, run that first and get rid of anything unwanted before you download. After the mail has been received, be sure to put back the ".B9".

If that doesn't work, another option could be to access your mail via your ISP's web browser facility, if there is one. You may not get the mail into your email program (you could send copies to yourself, of course), but at least it will be cleared from the server.

It's not a common thing for me- maybe once or twice a year, and the main culprit seems to be invoices from Ebay. I did refer the problem to Firetrust Support back in April 2007, but nothing came of it when I described the workaround.
drjohn72
Mystified Moa
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:38 am

Re: Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Fri May 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks for this - I'd independently come to the same conclusion - remove the .b9, download the message(s) and then put the .b9 back.

I always use Mailwasher first and trust that that helps me to get rid of anything suspicious.

Hope this helps others - and I think that the Benign people should be picking it up so that we don't have to do it in this roundabout way.
Fredk
Mystified Moa
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 pm

I have the same problem, but it occurs every couple of weeks or so.
I can only download mail after deleting .b9 from the server entry.
I restore .9 after and all is well for a while.

Could FIRETRUST examine this problem and deal with it please. The first time it occured took me more than an hour to discover how to overcome the problem. I was not aware of this Forum then.
Fredk
Mystified Moa
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Mailwasher downloads emails but email client doesn't

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 am

I have the same problem using Incredimail. Mailwasher downloads my mail but email client does not. It gives the same error notice as above. I am on the point of vgiving up Benign, which has worked well for me for several years.
If anyone has a better work around than removing .b9 from mail server address(es) I would be grateful to hear from them

frederickATgrace-gospel.org

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”