Cannot change security profile in B9

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
Jaydh2001
Rattled Rabbit

Cannot change security profile in B9

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm

When I try to change the security profile from low to medium, I get the following error message: "exception applying host file changes: Cannot create file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS". I checked the properties of the Host file and it is not read only or restricted in any way. I can go into the Hosts file from an editor and make changes and save it. Any suggestions?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Cannot change security profile in B9

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:07 pm

You posted in the Mailwasher Troubleshooting forum, not the B9 forum that is a few down, no big deal but you might want to check down there to see if anyone has posted an answer to your problem.

B9 Troubleshooting forum http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=21
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Have moved into Benign Forum.

Not sure on this specific problem, Vista user ? ...you'll possibly get better luck from emailing Benign Support, changing Security Profile shouldn't need to re-save the Hosts file, so not sure why it's giving this error.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:52 pm

As per your message Jaydh2001, sorry I didn't realise Support asked you try here, Hamish our main B9 Support guy has had pneumonia these last couple of weeks, he only just came back to work yesterday for brief periods.

I take it you are on a Vista system ?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”