Replacing ver. 6.5.4 with Pro - a query

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
taylorhof
It begins with a single step

Replacing ver. 6.5.4 with Pro - a query

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm running under Windows7 Pro (64bit). Have been running Mailwasher 6.5.4 and previous versions for some years, and have upgraded and registered Mailwasher Pro. So both are on the machine. Ver 6.5.4 loads automatically on startup. How do I change this so the new version loads by default. Do I need to update Pro with friends, etc from 6.5.4, or has this happened on installation ?
THanks
Graham
johnb
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Replacing ver. 6.5.4 with Pro - a query

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 am

Hi Graham.
I think you may have posted this in the wrong section. I'm new to the forums myself but I think this is the Benign forum.
I'm assuming you are upgrading from MailWasher Pro to MailWasher Pro 2010. If so, I think I may be able to help, I'm also, like you, running both versions.

In the old version, you need to go to Tools > General Options and untick 'Load MailWasher Pro on startup'.
Then, start MailWasher Pro 2010 and in the main screen, go to Settings tab > General > in General Options select Application and tick 'Launch MailWasher when Windows starts'.
To get MaiWasher to automatically check default accounts > select 'Checking Mail' in 'General Options' and tick 'Check default accounts when MailWasher starts'.
Your Friends and Blacklists can be imported by selecting the Settings tab > Spam Tools > Friends List > Import. Do the same for your Blacklist.
If any of this is wrong I'm sure someone will let me know.
Hope this helps.
John.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”