No mail accounts found

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
drjohn72
Mystified Moa

No mail accounts found

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:51 am

I'm new here.

Have used Mailwasher Pro and Benign for a long time and my email is Thunderbird. All worked seamlessly, for years.

Then my hard disc crashed, irreparably and irretrievably, so I reinstalled everything on a new hard disc, all from scratch.

I did have backup of my emails and though I haven't yet managed to get Thunderbird to recognise them, for reasons I don't fully understand, both Mailwasher Pro and Thunderbird seem to be working properly on new incoming mail.

But Benign, which appears on every boot, starts with Mail Import Wizard and then says "No mail accounts found..." and closes.

Is there a way to tell Benign manually the details of my mail accounts? Obviously I know what they are, to set up Mailwasher Pro and Thunderbird, which are both happy with the settings. What does Benign need that isn't already there?

I'm on XP Professional

Any help or suggestions gratefully retrieved

drjohn72
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: No mail accounts found

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 pm

hi there

In Mozilla Thunderbird click Tools > Account Settings > select Server Settings > add a .b9 to the end of your Server name > also note down this address before the change > click OK > go to Benign > Tools > Options > Accounts > click Add > enter your POP3 mail address noted earlier (without the .b9) and enter what security setting you desire for this account.

should be all good from there
drjohn72
Mystified Moa

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks rusticdog - followed all this, both in terms of doing it and what it might achieve - but having done it, both Apply and OK buttons within the Benign box resulted in the following message:

"Exception applying hosts file changes: Cannot create file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

So had to hit Cancel to get out of the box.

Not surprisingly, Thunderbird didn't like the .b9 so I went back and removed those extensions.

Any other ideas?

John
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 pm

drjohn72
Mystified Moa

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks again rusticdog; that did the trick, and the little Benign line appears once more at the end of my new emails.

Still can't get Thunderbird to see my old emails but will raise that as a separate query

thanks again

John

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”