B9 not working

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
Maureen
Travelling Tuatara

B9 not working

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 am

Hi,
I used to use B9 but for some reason didn't reinstall after formatting my HDD. I recently decided to try again when some weeks ago, my friend was trying to prove a point about security and sent me this 'tracking' email.

I've just forwarded this tracking email to myself and after launching MWP, the only thing that happened was that my Outpost Firewall popped up and told me that "An application is requesting an outbound connection". This is probably because I have just installed B9 and it's a new program to my Firewall.

Any ideas please? I was hoping that B9 would stop this email in its tracks!!! As it is, I cannot see the point of having B9.

Kindest Regards
Maureen
Remember the Universal 'Law of Attraction'. You attract into your life that which you want, or fear the most!!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: B9 not working

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 am

Hi Maureen

It's a bit late, but I would expect under Settings >> Security Profiles >> select the profile you use against the account, and under Web Bugs there are some settings there. It depends on what program is adding the receipt, different programs use different techniques.

Cheers

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”