Using multiple email accounts- deleting emails

Troubleshooting and help for Benign.
Chilla1142
Mystified Moa

Using multiple email accounts- deleting emails

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi all. Hoping someone may have an answer to this minor annoyance.
I have recently added two new email accounts to my MailWasher Pro Version 2011 1.0.63. Everything works as it should other than, once I have downloaded my emails to my computer, MailWasher fails to delete from its list any emails other than those sent to my ORIGINAL email address.
Trying to explain it another way, MailWasher identifies all the emails sent to the three email addresses that I have added to the program, but, once I have downloaded all those emails to my computer, next time I check MailWasher, it lists new emails since the last download BUT ALSO the few emails that were identified previously, going to my two, new, email addresses; emails that I have already downloaded to my computer. Furthermore, these emails remain listed by MailWasher until I physically mark them for deletion.
Any ideas please? I believe I have tried everything my end!
Thanks in anticipation , Phil
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Using multiple email accounts- deleting emails

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 pm

How does this relate to Benign?

You may have wanted to ask a MW question, try here:

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50&start=0

Quick answer is you aren't having a MW problem, you have your e-mail program set to leave mail on the server, change that and it goes away.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Chilla1142
Mystified Moa

Re: Using multiple email accounts- deleting emails

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks Stan_qaz. Yup. Wondered why there were no previous questions re this. Looked in the right place and, with your tip and the FAQs, I have now got it sorted. Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”