Test versions available?

Troubleshooting and help for Encrypt
Peter
Active Albatross

Test versions available?

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:01 am

Hello Encryptonites:

Are there any test versions of Encrypt available yet? I would be very interested.
Cheers,

Peter
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Test versions available?

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 am

We did have but we've pulled back now as we are going to try a different approach :)

The rewrite of the new MailWasher Pro is also taking up programmer time, as the fellow working on Encrypt is also working on MailWasher. I'm not certain what the plans are, whether we finish the new MailWasher first, or if he'll jump between projects, but the main aspects of Encrypt are done, what we are changing is how it is setup on teh user machine, and how it intercepts email traffic.
Peter
Active Albatross

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:23 pm

OK. Thanks Rusticdog for the update.

I was interested in the description that I would be able to send encrypted email to people who do not have a specific matching program to be able to decrypt whatever it is that I am sending. The usual problem is that people normally have to share the encryption program so that encrypted messages can safely and successfully be decrypted.

Unfortunately, many of my correspondents use very public email systems such as hotmail or yahoo. Since email messages are about as private as postcards are, I would at least like to be able to put messages to people in an envelope. They will, of course, have to be able to open that envelope. If I have understood the description correctly Encrypt would let me put a message in that envelope. It would also let me tell them where to find the letter-opener, without having to specify that it be (if I can stretch the metaphor a bit) a specific brand of Swiss Army Knife that they have to use.

If this is what Encrypt will allow, I am very interested indeed. Please put me on your list of potential beta-testers.

Thanks again for the quick answer to my question, and I look forward to rapidly-breaking news on the Encrypt front. :cool:
Cheers,

Peter
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 pm

Will do

Cheers
aussiewhippet
It begins with a single step

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Can you put me on your list of beta testers too please. I'm patiently waiting for the new version. Any news?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Not sure when developers will be working on Encrypt again to put it together. Their efforts at present are all going into the rewrite of MailWasher Pro

Will keep this updated when anything changes
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon May 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Probably nothing that sophisticated, though it's still probably a month or two off at least. Will post an update when I have one.
Peter
Active Albatross

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 am

Hi Fire-Trusters :

Just checking in to make sure that I am still on the list as a willing beta-tester for Encrypt. I know that the programmers are busy beavering away at the New Mail Washer; I just hope that Encrypt is still somewhere in the works.

Peter
Cheers,

Peter
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Yeap, we'll post something here in the forum when it's ready. The new MailWasher is taking all the development time though, but some background work is still being done on Encrypt

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”