Associate Mozilla Thunderbird with Mailwasher Pro

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
rburly
Rattled Rabbit

Associate Mozilla Thunderbird with Mailwasher Pro

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 am

I had to have my computer cleaned and reformatted. I re-installed Mailwasher Pro, but it only associates my email with Windows Mail (their name for it, not Outlook Express).

I've added in email accounts before, but can't get Mailwasher to make Thunderbird my default email account (even though I've done within both Windows Mail and Thunderbird. Thunderbird if my default email account on my computer).

I'm using Vista Home Premium. Any help or answers? Thanks in advance.
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Re: Associate Mozilla Thunderbird with Mailwasher Pro

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 am

You can only set a default mail program from Mailwasher for the "launch email program" button. You do that using Setings => Options => General Options. At the top, do you see the line that says "Launch email application after processing?" And a button way to the right that appears to go with the entry in the other column? It doesn't. Click that button to set your default email program.

OTOH, if you want to use "quick reply" or to click in an email address in an email to launch a letter, it will use the Windows default email program. Use Internet Explorer and choose Tools => Internet Options => Programs.
rburly
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks! It had been awhile since I had to set the default email program, and you solved two problems for me, actually.

When I processed the deleted email, the remaining email was going into the "Microsoft Mail" program. I unchecked the "Launch email program after processing" because I've never liked that function.
Also, where it said "Specify", that's where the default email program is, so all my options were there.

Many thanks again! I'm rebuilding my machine slowly but surely. Now if I can just get access to the email that was on the drive that was cleaned and changed to a secondary drive...
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 pm

rburly wrote:Now if I can just get access to the email that was on the drive that was cleaned and changed to a secondary drive...
This might help: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#move

Return to “General Site”