timeanddate.com

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
davews
Travelling Tuatara

timeanddate.com

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:44 am

In recent weeks a new box has appeared at the top of these forums telling me the time and date - it is supplied by timeanddate.com. Apart from the fact that I am hardly interested in what the time is in New Zealand (and it doesn't seem to honour UK time in my control panel settings) I find its black box a bit off-putting. Together with that it insists in dropping a 'Free Time and Date' cookie in my browser (which is what led me to try and find out what was doing that).

Is there any way to remove this box.....

Thanks
Dave
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: timeanddate.com

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 am

davews wrote:Together with that it insists in dropping a 'Free Time and Date' cookie in my browser (which is what led me to try and find out what was doing that).
Cookies are not required at the firetrust.com - you can safely disable your cookies for this site.

davews wrote:Is there any way to remove this box.....

Thanks
Dave
You can try the Adblock Plus add-on, for Firefox - Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus is great companion, too. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
davews
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Well cookies ARE required at firetrust.com - how on earth otherwise are you able to login. But I was talking about the timeanddate.com inserted time box - that is what gives me cookies, from free.timeanddate.com. It should not do that anyway as those are third party cookies which I have blocked in my browser but they seem to get through anyway.

I have solved the problem by switching to the 'subsilver' skin which does not use the timeanddate box - and displays the correct UK time by different means.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

davews wrote:Well cookies ARE required at firetrust.com - how on earth otherwise are you able to login.
Can't say for sure, why they might be required on your system — on all my systems, I am able to login without an issue, with all cookies completely disabled for forum.firetrust.com.

davews wrote:But I was talking about the timeanddate.com inserted time box - that is what gives me cookies, from free.timeanddate.com. It should not do that anyway as those are third party cookies which I have blocked in my browser but they seem to get through anyway.
No third party cookies are permitted on my systems — FWIW, I am running the CookieSafe add-on with Firefox.

davews wrote:I have solved the problem by switching to the 'subsilver' skin which does not use the timeanddate box - and displays the correct UK time by different means.
Personally, I detest stuff and info., irrelevant to my browsing needs and strip them away from sight — this is how the Firetrust pages appear on my browser:—
Attachments
Firetrust.png
Firetrust.png (631.03 KiB) Viewed 23346 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:18 am

This problem is now resolved, at root — no more timeanddate.com with the new forum upgrade (at least, so far.) ;)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:04 pm

TrustFire wrote:You can try the Adblock Plus add-on, for Firefox - Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus is great companion, too. ;)
Shortly after having made this post, have switched my choice of ad. blocking tools since; to a much more aggressive and potent combination. Image

Return to “General Site”